Sunday, May 8, 2011

Whew, What A Weekend!

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers!  Days like today make me realize how blessed I am.  I have a wonderful husband and 2 amazing children.  Add to that a wonderful extended family and life is good!  Although I wasn't able to spend the day with my mom, it was wonderful to talk to her on the phone.

Our crazy weekend started on Friday with all of the final preparations for Joey's First Holy Communion.  For the first time ever, I hired someone to come clean my house.  Thanks to a recent deal on My eWOW, I was able to get a 3 hour house cleaning for only $50.  It was a great deal and worth it.  Since the cleaning was (mostly) done (another post to follow on that), I was able to get all the food prepared on Friday evening.  This allowed me to get a good nights sleep and I felt well rested on Saturday.

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous!  Andrew had an early morning T-ball game.  Its so sweet watching them play at this age.  Their hearts are so into the game and it is really enjoyable to watch.

After the game we headed home to get ready for Joey's First Communion.  He looked so handsome in his suit. I can't believe my baby is all grown up!  He is turning into a man right before my eyes.
After the beautiful Mass, we celebrated back at our house with a party with family.  It was so relaxing and enjoyable!  Plus, the weather was amazing.  We went into the day with a 60% chance of rain, and God blessed us with a short rain shower in the morning and not a drop of rain the rest of the day!  Our only small hiccup was that Joey and Andrew both woke up with some "rosy" cheeks on Saturday morning.  Fifth's Disease has been going around their school, and I think they both have (or had) it.  Usually the children run a fever for a couple of days and then a rash appears that looks like the kids have a sunburn on their cheeks.  They never had a fever, but both have the tell tale slapped cheek look.  It is a common childhood virus that isn't contagious once the rash shows up, but the rash can last for 3 weeks, yikes!  I was so worried that Joey was going to look he had blush on in all his pictures, lol!  Luckily, all was well and he looked great.



Sunday, today, has been all about relaxation.  We started out the day at Mass giving thanks to God for all of these amazing blessings!  The afternoon was spent chatting with my mama on the phone (one of the major bummers of my family living 800 miles away) and then reading on the patio.  I even managed to get a little sun to give some color to my start white legs!
My in-laws treated us to dinner at K Pub and Grill.  We were planning on Outback Steakhouse (boy that steak sure sounded good) but unfortunately our 6 pm call ahead seating time was actually going to be closer to 7 pm upon arrival because they weren't turning tables as fast as they thought they would.  I think my hubby was starving because he wasn't too keen on the idea of waiting that long and suggested we just order pizza.  Not exactly my idea of a mother's day dinner, but I was just so happy I didn't have to cook and clean I wasn't going to say a word.  Luckily my father-in-law spoke up that he didn't want pizza and saved the dinner.  It wasn't the NY Strip I was looking forward to having, but my burger and onion rings at K Pub were mighty tasty :-)  Plus, the company was wonderful so it ended up being a great night out.

Thanks to everyone who shared in our special weekend, we are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment