Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Only a Few Days Left!

Well, today was my last run of the 1/2 marathon training. Since I started training, I have logged 187 miles and burned 18,940 calories. That in itself is so amazing to me. I still can't believe how far I've come and that the race day is upon us. I've done the training, and it looks like God is going to give me a beautiful day to run on Sunday. So, getting across the finish line is all up to me. I know it's going to be hard, but I feel pretty confident right now. My body is feeling pretty good, or at least as good as one can expect at the end of training!

Before the 1/2 Marathon on Sunday, Joey and Andrew are running the Read, Right and Run Marathon on Saturday. The boys have been running 1 mile every week for the past 25 weeks. They have also done one good deed and read at least one book every week. They will run the 1.2 miles of the marathon on Saturday with the other kids from the entire Metro Area that have been participating in the program. It really is a fun time for them, and the Go! St. Louis organization makes the final mile really special for the kids. I am so thrilled that the boys wanted to do this program, and so very proud of them for sticking with it. I know I shouldn't make predications, but I'm betting that Andrew will finish before Joey, that boy is FAST!

I'll be sure to post pictures from both races early next week, hopefully on Monday. I've included another post with a fun little video of the 1/2 Marathon course for you to watch, just in case you were wondering just how far 13.1 miles really is!

No comments:

Post a Comment