Monday, November 30, 2009

The Twilight Saga: New Moon






Yes, I am one of "those" Twilight fans. I've read all of the books 3 times and have just about all Twilight themed paraphernalia that exists. My obsession with Twilight actually started about this time last year. My friend, Kristen, recommended that I read the book. I really had no interest in reading the young adult series. As much as I love reading, I had no interest in vampires. Well, look at me now, I'm a newborn if there ever was such a thing. (It's a Twilight thing...) If there was a 12 step program for Twilight addicts, Kristen would be my sponsor, lol!

I had been anxiously awaiting the release of the 2nd movie in the Saga, New Moon. In fact, I purchased my tickets to the November 19, 2009 Midnight premiere on Sept 12. New Moon is my favorite book in the Saga (no, I'm not Team Jacob) so I was over the moon excited about this movie. I went to see the movie with fellow Twilight Moms like myself. Carrie, Erin, Michelle and Kari. We started the evening with dinner and drinks, and then headed to the theater to get in line so we would have good seats. The theater was PACKED. I knew this was a big deal, but I had no idea what we were in for. We arrived at 10:15 for the 11:59 start time, and the line was already so long. Luckily, we made friends with a couple of girls who were close to the front of the waiting line and they saved us seats. Those girls were awesome, thanks April and Timmi!


Well, the movie was amazing! It blew Twilight away. The night was fabulous and the only thing that could have made it better would have been if my dear friend Lisa could have been there with me. She was in Florida at the time, but will be back in STL on December 1st so I know we will be going together as soon as we can!

Now, I can officially start counting down to midnight on June 29th, 2010, when Eclipse will be released. I cannot wait!!!! In the meantime, be on the look out for an over the top New Moon DVD release party. If you all thought the Twilight party was good, just wait.....


No comments:

Post a Comment