Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving in Big D

We traveled to Dallas, TX to celebrate Thanksgiving with family. The boys like to call Dallas "Big D," 'cause every-things bigger in Texas! This has become one of our favorite traditions, spending Thanksgiving in Big D. There is a lot of Feldt Family in Dallas, which is pretty funny since we are all from St. Louis. My sister-in-law Cindy, moved down to Dallas in 2004 with her husband Chad. They have 3 beautiful children, Lexie, Christian and Whitney. My husband's Aunt, Rita, and her family have lived in Dallas for over 30 years. Likewise, another of Chris's Aunts, Debby, lives in Dallas with her family, too. When I say we have a good time, that is an understatement! The extravaganza starts on Wednesday with a cocktail party at Cindy and Chad's house. It is such a great time to see everyone and catch up. On Thursday, the feast is at Aunt Debby and Uncle Rich's house. The two of them are the BEST cooks, ever, so we are treated to quite a spread. On Friday we headed to Aunt Rita and Uncle Bob's house for a late lunch and then an evening of playing games. What a great time we had, even though I never did win. Not that I'm bitter or anything...

Other family traveled to Big D, too. Aunt Marilyn came from Florida, as well as Becky, Oscar and Jagger from LA. The time we have together is so fun and we make memories that will last a lifetime. I am so mad at myself for not taking any pictures so that I could share them with all of you! Hopefully someone else did and will give me copies (hint, hint!).

Not only did we celebrate Thanksgiving together, we were able to celebrate an engagement, too! Nikki got engaged to an amazing man, Ted. The big day is in June 2010 and we are so excited for them! They make such a great couple. If we have this much fun in Big D for Thanksgiving, I can only imagine how great the wedding will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment