Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Forest Park Fun!

Gosh, it's been a while since I updated. We have been so busy enjoying this unseasonably warm November weather! Our temps last weekend were in the upper 70's to 80 degrees and it meant it was time to bust out the flip flops for one final weekend. I treated myself to a nice mani-pedi on Friday to celebrate! Ha ha!

To kick off the great weather, I took Andrew and his buddy, Luke to Forest Park on Thursday, November 5. Boy, did we have fun! We started out at the Science Center. That was a blast. Luke had never been and he got a little freaked out by the life size T-Rex and Triceratops. It was so nice we had a chance to explore the outdoor science park, too. Shame on me, in all the times we've visited the Science Center, we skip over this little gem. I think the boys enjoyed that more than the inside attractions!

After that, we headed over to Turtle Park for lunch. This was also a first for Luke. The boys enjoyed climbing all over the turtles, and thought it was especially funny that one of the turtles has a pig like nose. The things that make a 5 year old laugh! After lunch we headed across the almost complete Highway 40 to the famous St. Louis Zoo. We got to see just about all that the Zoo had to offer, except of course for the reptile house. That just isn't one of the places that I will visit. I think I'd rather have a brazilian wax than go to the reptile house!

I can't even describe the feeling I had as a mother after that wonderful day. Andrew and I had such a great time together, but I think even more fun was seeing how Andrew and Luke interacted with each other. I'm so used to Andrew in his "little brother" role that I rarely get to see him as anything else. Today, however, it was so sweet to see how compassionate Andrew is. When Luke was scared at the Science Center, Andrew just took his hand and said, "it's ok, they aren't real." He was so grown up! The two of them got along great! Why can't siblings get a long so well? Joey and Andrew would have never been so nice to each other, ha ha! Anyway, here are a few photos from our fun day!









No comments:

Post a Comment