Wednesday, November 18, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

This is something I wrote earlier this year on Facebook. It was one of those silly "if you've been tagged you have to do it things." Well, I really enjoyed writing it and thought I should tranfer it to the blog. So here it is!

**Original Post January 28, 2009**

1. I am the oldest of six children, with my youngest sister being only 8 years old.
2. I LOVED high school. Go FHN!
3. Raising children has been the most exciting experience of my life. I never knew you could love someone as much as a parent loves a child. Joey and Andrew are the light of my life!
4. Being pregnant with above mentioned children was the most challenging time of my life. Me and pregnancy don't agree.
5. I made the choice at 14 years old to become Catholic. We weren't a "church going" family, but I knew that there was more to life and I wanted to find it. I didn't quite understand just how much that decision would impact my adult life, but without my faith I would be nothing today.
6. I don't believe in coincidences, everything happens for a reason.
7. I have a hard time holding grudges, however, I am not one who ever forgets.
8. I LOVE being a stay at home mom and have no desire to ever return to the workforce.
9. Last year I discovered that I LOVE to read. I read over 20 books from June-December.
10. Due to the above reading, I have become completely and totally addicted to the Twilight Saga. I think I would cry if I ever got to meet Stephenie Meyer. She is a role model for every stay at home mom. If you don't know about her, you need to go to her website. She is proof that "dreams" do come true, literally!
11. Speaking of Twilight, I read the last book of the saga in one day. It has 750 pages. My eyes never got tired, and I didn't want it to end.
12. I love to listen to music even more than I enjoy reading. I love all types of music, except country. Country music is like someone scraping nails on a chalkboard. My all time favorite band is U2, and Tori Amos is my favorite artist. If you pass me on the road chances are I am NOT talking to myself, but singing along to whatever is on my ipod.
13. Speaking of ipods, I think they are the greatest invention since the computer. I never leave home without it and it has changed my life! If you ever saw my CD collection, you would understand why I love my ipod so much. How else could I possible take all my music with me every where I go? I do however, need to upgrade to a larger one!
14. I think Justin Timberlake is one of the most sexy beings on this planet. Not only does he look good, but he writes and produces some of the best music around. He produced most of Madonna's last CD, Rihanna's song Rehab. He can play almost any musical instrument and has his own record label. And you all probably thought all he did was bring sexy back!
15. Speaking of instruments, I can play the flute.
16. My husband Chris is my hero. He has shown me that nothing in life is unattainable. He has shown me true unconditional love and has made everyone of my dreams come true.
17. I miss my sisters more than anyone would ever know. My sister Jamie and I are so much alike it is scary. Stephanie is the most generous and thoughtful person I know. Ashley and Anna are young enough to be my own children. If I had a big enough house I would adopt them so I could see them everyday.
18. Death doesn't scare me, getting old does. I thank God for each day I have on this earth, but I hope he takes me before I am senile!
19. I ENJOY exercise! I love the way it makes me feel and the energy I get from it.
20. I have the best friends in the world. Some I've had for almost 20 years and others only 2 months. I am not a fair weather friend, I keep my friends for life!
21. Many people think I am judgmental. That couldn't be further from the truth. I have high expectations of myself, but I don't have time to pass judgement on anyone else. So please people, quit cleaning your house when I come over. I don't give a shit what it looks like!
22. My goal as a parent is to have my children respect me when they are adults.
23. I hate winter. I secretly pray that Chris will get us transferred to someplace warm. If I could hibernate like a bear I would!
24. I have the best in-laws and extended family in the world. My in-laws are the most thoughtful people, and his sisters are great friends. Chris's aunt, uncles and cousins are some of the most amazing people I've ever met. Aunt Debby is the best hostesses I've ever seen, and I hope that someday I will be able to cook and entertain like she does. She has raised 3 of the best people I know in this world. That woman is amazing!
25. I think I might be psychic. I dream things that come true and I have the ability to predict certain things. For instance I dreamt that my Grandpa Mounts was going to die, and that my mom was going to have another baby both in the same night. Both things happened a year after I dreamt them only 2 months apart. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment