Tuesday, October 13, 2009

There's a first for everything...

Welcome to my blog, Tales from the 'hood. What is the 'hood you ask? It is the crazy world of Motherhood! The Dear Lord blessed me with motherhood over 7 years ago and it has been quite an adventure. This blog will not be just about my boys, but about the wild ride of being a mother and all the crazy things that go along with motherhood. If you want to know more about me, just click on my profile to find out. I'm hoping this blog will be a way for me to get out my joys and frustrations as well as a way for other women out there to connect.

I'd like to start out with a disclaimer: All views expressed in this blog are my personal views, thoughts and feelings. If you don't agree or like them, then don't read my blog! Simple as that!

Okay, now that I've gotten that off my chest, there are a few other things I'd like to get off my chest.

1. I am madly in love with Jesus Christ! I embarked on a journey a few years ago that has brought me closer to the Lord than I could ever imagine. His Love has started a fire inside me that won't stop burning! Glory to God!

2. I love my husband and children more than anything in this human world. Don't screw with them. It won't be pretty.

3. I'm a social person. I enjoy spending time with my friends. They keep me sane! I'd be lost without my close girlfriends. Some of you live close enough I can walk to your house and others may live hundreds of miles away. Thank God for cyberspace so we can stay connected ;-) MOPS mommies, book club girls, retreat sisters, neighbors, fellow soccer/baseball moms and workout partners, you know who you are!

4. I'm slightly addicted to all things Twilight. Stephenie Meyer is on the top of my "People I want to meet before I die list." Justin Timberlake is #2.

5. I'm also addicted to facebook. Facebook is my main form of communication. Much of my family lives out of state (which saddens me deeply) so facebook is a great way for us to keep in touch. So, if my status updates, picture postings or blog posts upset you, I'm sorry. That is never my intention. I just like to share my day to day happenings (and that of my boys) with my out of town family. If you don't like it or it causes you hurt feelings, then don't look at my postings or pictures. Heck you can hide me from your feeds or delete me as a friend altogether!

6. I have feelings. I cry and get sad. My feelings get hurt. I love others with a passion that can sometimes cause me problems. I am forgiving. I get excited over the little things. I don't like being picked on. I hurt. I want people to like me. I AM HUMAN. I am a strong women, but I do have feelings. Lately I have felt like certain people are picking on me, and it makes me sad. I can handle confrontation. So if you have a problem with me, tell me. Don't gossip about me. I HATE gossip.

7. I miss my sisters. Stephanie, Jamie, Ashley and Anna. You always have a home in St. Louis. I'm blessed that my husband provides well for us, so you will always have a bed to sleep in and roof over your head. I'm always praying for my brother Eric, he needs it.

8. I LOVE music. Life would be so boring without it. I'm listening to Imogen Heap as I type this. Country music makes me want to scream. It is awful. If you like country, just know I'm not hating on you, it just isn't my personal fav.

9. I feel like God is calling me to do wondrous things. I'm just not sure how to go about them yet. That is one of the reasons for this blog.

10. Lastly, I may come off as snotty or judgmental, but please know that I am not that at all! I am one of the most accepting and non-judgmental people you will ever meet. Just because I hold myself to a high standard, does not mean that I expect that of others.

I hope that you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Until my next posting, may you all be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment